Preparing for a Car Accident and What to Do After a Car Accident
1) Keep your insurance card and registration in an easy to find place.
2) Keep a First Aid Kit in your car.
Immediately After the Accident:
1) Stay calm and take a deep breath.
2) Check for injuries, call an ambulance when in doubt.
3) Call the Police, even if the accident is minor.
4) If the accident is minor, move cars to a safe place, out of traffic.
5) Turn on your vehicles hazard lights and use cones, warning triangles or flares for safety.
6) Call PUMA's Auto Body 24/7 at 516.431.1431 - We will help! Towing 24/7, Rental Cars, Calling your Insurance Company, etc.
Write Down the following important information:
Full Name and Contact Information
Insurance Company and Policy Number
Driver's License and License Plate Number
Type, make, model, color, of vehicle
Location of accident
Any other info obtained